Supplies and Tools for Your Cleaning Business: A Complete List
Starting a cleaning business can be an exceptionally profitable venture. It’s also an excellent way to make money while working from home. However, in order for your business to be successful, you need to have the proper supplies and tools.
While some companies in Salt Lake City expect clients to provide supplies, others rely on their employees to bring their own tool kit. Some business owners opt to join a cleaning franchise to meet their supply needs. Either way, it’s essential that you make the decision that’s best for your budget.
Let’s outline a list of essential items that you will need to get started. Keep reading!
What cleaning supplies do I need to start a business?
The answer really depends on the type of cleaning business you want to start. For example, if you want to launch an office cleaning company you will need different supplies than if you were launching a residential upkeep venture. For example:
- For residential upkeep, your kit may include items such as all-purpose cleaners, glass cleaners, furniture polish, scrub brushes, and rags.
- If you’re starting a carpet washing business you will need items such as a high-power vacuum cleaner, shampooer, and spot remover.
- For an office janitorial service, you’ll need cleaning agents, paper towels, and a mop.
To get started on building your cleaning supply kit we suggest taking inventory of what you already have. Here’s a list of general items you’ll need in all types of upkeep:
- mop and bucket
- broom and dustpan
- rubber gloves
- trash bags
- couple of all-purpose and specialized products
How often do I need to renew my cleaning supplies?
The answer is that it depends on how frequently you use them. For example, if you’re using all-purpose cleaner every day then you will need to restock your supply more often than if you were only using it once a week. Established companies usually restock their supplies every two to three months.
What tools and products do you need to clean professionally?
In order to clean professionally, you need the proper tools. This includes items such as:
- a powerful vacuum cleaner; an energy-efficient and quality device that can go a long way, ensuring that the rooms are free of dust, grime, and mites.
- professional mop and bucket, with features that would allow better use of special products
- window squeegees and other equipment that can help your employees leave streakless window panes and other glass surfaces.
- sturdy ladders, since you want your employees to tackle all surfaces with ease and safety. Alternatively, you can also purchase extension poles
- protective gear, for example: rubber gloves, face masks, and goggles. This is especially important if you offer post-construction and industrial upkeep services.
Established companies use a variety of specialized products. This way they can efficiently tackle different types of stains, dust, and grime. For example:
- professional disinfectants, that comply with official EPA standards
- kitchen degreasers
- bathroom sanitizers
- carpet shampooers
- hardwood floor buffers
- tile and grout detergents
Our business is based in Salt Lake City, UT. How easy can we join a profitable cleaning franchise?
Whether you’re located in Downtown Salt Lake City or in the suburbs, you know that the competition is tough. When putting yourself on the map, it’s important to stay ahead of trends in the industry and run your venture wisely, without delving into micromanagement. Fortunately, there’s a way to stay ahead of your competition and thrive.
By joining MaidThis Franchise, you can open the doors to new opportunities. Our team will support you every step of the way and train you how to implement effective strategies. What’s more, you can run all of your operations from home, without wasting time on traffic jams. Fill in our online application form today and we’ll get back to you ASAP!