8 Tips on Starting a House Cleaning Business
Doing daily chores is rarely an easy task for anyone, although one might argue that it doesn’t require much skill. This is why there’s always room for rewarding business opportunities in the residential maintenance industry. You also have other good reasons to dive into it these days, from low up-front costs to large and steady market demand.
Whether you are eager to start independently, become a part of a cleaning franchise in Phoenix, AZ or anywhere else in the county, or would like to know how to tap into the vacation rental cleaning market, you would need to break down the process in some easy-to-remember steps. Read on to get the know-how and make yourself ready for your venture.
How to start a house cleaning business?
Before you s et it off, it’s wise to talk with someone who already has some experience in the industry and check out the potential competitors. After this initial phase, to get you properly started, consider the following guidelines:
1. Create a clear business strategy. Research and prepare for all possible scenarios. You can always start by asking yourself the following relevant questions:
- What will the service entail? What type of house cleaning will you specialize in?
- Which types of communities will you focus on?
- How would you find staff? Would you do some of the cleaning yourself?
- What kinds of risks and challenges should you expect?
2. Set a budget. To achieve success as a business owner, always estimate possible costs to replace equipment, hiring and payroll expenses, and don’t forget to set aside funds for taxes and insurance. You might also seek to finance your venture by taking out a business loan.
3. Choose a name. If you aspire to build a brand name, keep the following checklist in mind:
- The name should accurately describe your business.
- It should be easy to spell and memorable.
- Make sure it’s not already in use.
- It should also sound good and catchy, so you can imagine using it even in a couple of years.
4. Consider licencing options. To start a business and register your company name, you would need to apply for a business license and pay a fee. Usually, smaller business owners choose either LCC (Limited Liability Company) or DBA (Doing Business As). This will determine how you would pay taxes, so make sure not to skip this step. If necessary, you can also get advice from your local legal entity.
5. Purchase necessary equipment. Make a comprehensive list. Your staff will need protective gloves, sponges, mops, towels, scrubbers, to name a few. You can decide whether to purchase more eco-friendly products or chemicals that would allow for deep cleaning. Also, determine the best practices when it comes to sanitization of equipment between two appointments.
6. Find ways to maintain the trust of your clients. Referrals and references are a proven way to earn a good reputation in the community. Of course, this shouldn’t be your only option in finding new clients, but focusing on building rapport is key to paving the way to success. Think of some special service add-ons that you can offer to your clients that will set you apart from the competition.
7. Invest in marketing. To remain a strong player in the market, you should find ways to develop a clever marketing plan to keep you ahead of the competition. Sometimes relying on client referrals would suffice to get you started.
Although it is advisable to have a full website someday, knowing how to set up profiles on social media for your business is crucial to keep you visible in the long run. Begin with simply opening a business page on Facebook. This should be sufficient to keep your customers updated and your contact information visible.
8. Use every opportunity to learn and improve. Pay special attention to feedback from your clients and staff. Initial setbacks and challenges might be inconvenient, but you shouldn’t give up. Employ specialized software to help you organize and set up a payment platform to accept credit card payment.
To ensure you are cut out for the work, take your time until you tick every box on the list. Given the fact that you have already done detailed research, a well written to-do list will give you a positive outlook at most difficult times.
Where can you purchase a cleaning franchise opportunity in Phoenix, AZ?
Even during the Covid-19 pandemic, the cleaning industry is thriving. This also means that there is a lot of competition going on. This might lead you to be hesitant about taking these first steps on your own. Fortunately, there is an easy solution. When you buy a cleaning franchise, you are already one step ahead of competitors and have a chance to reach more clients.
At MaidThis Franchise you will receive all the necessary information and guidance so that you may get the ball rolling in no time. You will learn everything you need to boost your daily performance and facilitate your business operations. We’re always available for all your questions during your learning process, as your success is in our mutual interest.
If you are an aspiring beginner or a savvy entrepreneur that aims for more advantage in the industry, we’re here to lend you a helping hand. Reach us today to become a part of our success story!