Cleaner Vetting Process: What You Need to Know
Your employees are the face of your cleaning business, so you have to make sure that they are true experts who stand out for their expertise, dedication, and background. But how do you know if a candidate’s qualities and skills align with your business? Your recruitment process should be carefully designed to identify the candidates who’ll fit your vision for the company.
Read on to find out how to conduct employee screening and make the right call every time. If you decide to take one of the excellent work at home franchise opportunities, you’ll get additional guidance on proper recruitment practices. Become a confident recruiter and work with a team you can wholeheartedly stand behind.
How do I find employees for my cleaning business?
Where should you begin your recruitment process? It’s advisable to take advantage of different online options to advertise a job opening, including:
- Job boards: Job posting sites, like Craigslist, Glassdoor, Adzuna, and Indeed, are very practical and often free to use. These popular job search platforms let you create and post your ad in a simple and easy way, with thousands of job seekers gaining instant access to it. Write a detailed job description, be upfront about your requirements, and clearly emphasize the benefits you offer to capture the candidates’ attention.
- Social media: Put your company’s social media profiles to good use. You and other employees could also share job vacancies on your personal profiles, too, and get an even better reach. LinkedIn is the natural choice but using Facebook or Twitter could be just as effective.
- Optimize your ad: Increase the visibility of your ad by following useful SEO practices. To grab the attention of prospective candidates, you could try sprinkling the ad with suitable keywords, giving it a simple title that the candidates are likely to search for word-for-word, boosting readability with bullet points and shorter paragraphs, etc.
How do I hire an employee for a cleaning business?
Once you have resumes rolling in, you may find yourself overwhelmed with the quantity and underwhelmed with the quality of the applications. Here’s how to hand pick the best candidates:
- Are they friendly and pleasant? What’s your hunch when you’re talking to the person? If you feel at ease in their presence and they come off as trustworthy, the chances are that your clients will perceive them the same way. Many cleaning companies do both phone and in-person interviews to get to know their candidates better.
- Do they have relevant experience? Although it’s advisable for you to conduct training sessions for your new hires and make sure that they follow all guidelines you deem necessary, it’s always preferable to hire seasoned experts. Some cleaning business owners only ask for references while others also conduct candidate testing.
- Do they inspire trust? Performing a criminal and other background checks is a staple of every cleaner recruitment process. Since house and vacation rental cleaning involves handling clients’ possessions, you want to ensure that the individual you hire is reliable.
- Are they responsible, thorough, and punctual? There are many character traits that you can glean from a simple application and interview. It’s unlikely that a candidate will live up to your expectations if they have a slapdash resume, are late to the interview, or unresponsive to your calls and emails.
What’s one of the best work at home franchise opportunities?
If you’re hoping to join a thriving cleaning business franchise, check out the MaidThis Franchise. We are in the vanguard of the cleaning industry thanks to our streamlined operations, global team, and extensive expertise.
As our franchisee, you can stay in touch with other team members, manage your cleaners, and communicate with clients via our sophisticated software from anywhere in the world. You can count on comprehensive training as well as steady guidance and support throughout your rise to success.
Do you shudder to think of having to resolve client complaints on your own? Are you worried about obtaining the right insurance coverage for your cleaning business? With MaidThis Franchise, the particulars of running your company are no cause for concern because you’ll have access to proven strategies and the backing of a stable system. Contact us now!