Running a Cleaning Franchise Remotely: Part 1
Starting off a small independent business venture is exciting and challenging. When chosen wisely, you may find that the residential upkeep industry is the optimal choice for you. Given the low overhead costs, many entrepreneurs choose to walk down this path.
To make an effective head-start, you could be joining an established cleaning franchise in Las Vegas, or elsewhere. In the face of social distancing policies and the newest industry trends, this could be your ticket to success.
However, can a complex thing like a franchise be managed from home? Read on to find out!
Can you run a franchise remotely?
Not so long ago, the very thought of starting a business was associated with at least a small physical office space. Necessity of remote work has brought many new opportunities to the table.
It has become much easier to start, grow, and run a business without the necessity of in-person contact. The post-pandemic setting has brought forth some new requirements as well.
How to prepare your remote cleaning franchise?
Recent studies have shown that some people might experience some difficulties when working from home. To maximize your performance when starting your business from home, make the following considerations:
- Create a timetable. Have a daily, weekly and monthly schedule of activities. This will keep you on track and you’ll be able to have better control over your processes.
- Business location. Since you will lead and manage a team of cleaners from home, you should decide whether they would need a space for equipment, or some office space.
- Work attire. Even if your clients won’t see you, how you dress at home will have an impact on your work performance. This doesn’t have to be anything too strict, just ensure there’s a clear transition from pajamas to workwear.
- Create an office space. Make sure that you have everything you need: chair, table, laptop, or desktop computer, the right lighting, enough natural light. Also, include some items that will make the space cozy, but also remember to exclude distractions.
- Estimate your overhead costs. When working remotely, you’ll save on utilities and rent. However, you’ll still have to consider insurance, licences, supplies (products, equipment, clothing etc), marketing costs, and wages.
- Gather a team. Assess your needs and develop a recruitment plan that will meet the demand of the local market. Focus on experienced candidates and use various platforms to find them. Don’t forget to ask for referrals and run background checks.
How can I run a business from home successfully?
The secret to success of your remote business lies in your general strategy and appropriate software. While established companies and franchises have stabile ongoing processes, there are additional considerations when you want to bring your company to the next level:
- Agile approach to remote work
- Use of digital cloud technologies
- Timely policy and service updates
In order for your team members to be completely updated and that you seize all opportunities, your system should fulfill the following roles:
- online account management,
- virtual invoice and payment tracking,
- group messaging and video conferencing.
To summarize, you need to open for innovations, ready to provide training to your team members, and invest in tried and tested systems and software solutions.
What is the best cleaning franchise to join in Las Vegas, or elsewhere in NV?
With many enterprises and hotels located in the Las Vegas Strip, there are seemlessly endless opportunities for business. The opportunities are even greater when you manage all your operations from the comfort of your home office, located anywhere in the world.
For this to happen, you just need to become a part of a successful brand. Here at MaidThis Franchise, you can rely on a team of international experts to receive the necessary know-how and ongoing support in your day-to-day business.
Contact us today to explore all the benefits of becoming a member of our family!