Basic Equipment Checklist for Your Cleaning Business
Owning a cleaning service business can be a highly profitable endeavor if you do your research and handle every aspect of your operations in your favor. Initially, you’ll have to meet the basic legal requirements, price your services, and purchase the tools you need to do the work well. These factors are crucial in the early days of your budding business.
If you make a wise selection of quality cleaning supplies, you will be able to work faster, earn more, and save money in the long run. Read on to find out what equipment you’ll have to invest in before you launch your cleaning service business.
Should cleaners provide cleaning products?
While some cleaning businesses ask the clients to provide the cleaning supplies, others prefer using their own. In general, many clients consider it a big plus if the cleaners arrive fully equipped, so this feature can give you a competitive edge.
Here are a few reasons why you should consider sending your crew out with cleaning products:
- Your clientele will find your cleaning services additionally convenient
- It shows you don’t mind going the extra mile to ensure the clients’ satisfaction
- Being in control of every aspect of your services comes across as more professional
- You can raise your fees because you’re offering extra comfort
- You’ll be sure that the cleaning products you use are efficient
- The cleaners can clean better because they are familiar with the products and tools they use
What equipment do I need to start a cleaning business?
The equipment required to run a cleaning business varies based on the types of cleaning you’ll be offering. If you’ll be doing certain kinds of specialized cleaning, such as carpet cleaning, you’ll need a specialized set of tools to perform it. However, there are certain items that almost all cleaners will use. Always invest in quality equipment because they are the tools of your trade, which can significantly boost your team’s productivity.
Read on for a checklist of essentials that will enable you to carry out most standard residential and commercial cleaning services.
- Protective gloves
- Scouring pads
- Paper towels
- Microfiber cloths
- Disinfecting wipes
- Broom and dustpan
- Bucket and mop
- Vacuum cleaner
- Bucket to put your supplies in
- Multi-purpose cleaner, which can be used on a range of different surfaces, from electronics to walls and wooden surfaces
- Glass cleaner for windows, mirrors, etc.
- Degreaser to use on kitchen surfaces
- Floor cleaner
- Descaling product, for the removal of limescale
- Toilet cleaner
- Furniture polish
- EPA-approved disinfectant
- Oven cleaner
- Dishwashing detergent
- Laundry detergent
Your cleaning staff should always use the products in line with the instructions on the label for maximum efficiency and safety. Store and handle them carefully.
How do I become successful at owning a cleaning service business?
Have you heard of MaidThis Franchise before? We’re a thriving residential and commercial cleaning brand with a talented international team. If you are determined to become one of the leading players in the cleaning industry, you can join our network effortlessly and run your business from the comfort of your home.
With our constant guidance and tried-and-true methods, you’ll avoid common issues in the cleaning industry. Get connected with other franchisees worldwide, receive extensive training, and benefit from our ongoing support. No need to deal with the requirements your business should meet on your own or be concerned about pricing your cleaning services because you’ll be a part of a well-organized system.
The cleaning industry is booming, so seize this great opportunity now with the help of MaidThis Franchise!