The Future of the Cleaning Industry: A Guide for Business Owners
The cleaning industry is growing rapidly, and there are many changes on the horizon. In fact, the market is only going to continue to grow in the years to come. New technologies and methods are constantly emerging, and it can be hard to keep up with the latest trends.
As a business owner, it’s important to stay ahead of the curve. For various reasons you may consider joining a cleaning franchise, for instance when you’re located in the highly competitive market like Salt Lake City. In this blog post, you’ll learn some of the major changes that are happening in the maintenance world, and how you can prepare for them. Continue reading!
What is the future of cleaning?
What should you expect from the industry in the foreseeable future? The cleaning industry is constantly changing and evolving. Here are some trends that will shape how you do business:
Imagine you specialize in office maintenance; it’s crucial to hire screened and technically qualified staff in order to perform the required tasks. The maintenance process isn’t just about appearance anymore, but keeping the premises healthy, free of germs and allergens, and orderly. Another consequence of post-pandemic changes is that the focus shifted towards increased regulation and stricter guidelines for hygiene contractors and janitorial services. This is also true to a certain degree for residential and vacation rental maintenance, but most visible in commercial upkeep.
You have to count on the fact that more and more people need house upkeep services. The market is booming and many companies seek opportunities to find new clients. Although this could sound like good news, you should be careful not to put your staff under too much pressure. Having a big portfolio of clients also brings additional opportunities and requires creative solutions. You’d have to:
- Train your staff to perform the tasks efficiently and thoroughly
- Revise upkeep checklists for different types of properties
- Motivate your team, so that they’ll perform with diligence
- Avoid ineffective management strategies, for example micromanaging your employees
In a highly competitive industry, you’d have to stay ahead of other companies in your area. The competition can be quite aggressive. More importantly, for the client, this means that they would be less likely to tolerate if your employee does a substandard job. You’d have to monitor your employees, but even more, keep track of your competitors. To avoid losing your customers and jeopardizing your reputation, follow in their footsteps. You’ll be able to learn from their mistakes and adopt their good practices.
More and more providers consider more environmentally friendly practices. As a business owner, you should know what types of supplies and equipment you need in order to meet these new requirements. For example:
- You’ll have to purchase greener and natural products that don’t harm the environment
- In order to decrease carbon footprint, your team can use eco-friendly means of transport or use energy efficient technologies for disinfection, vacuuming, dusting and other tasks
- You’d have to figure out a way of doing business that doesn’t jeopardize future generations, for instance, re-use some of the supplies, recycle, and save.
How to prepare for new trends in the cleaning industry?
As a business owner, it’s important to stay up-to-date with new trends in the cleaning industry. This will help you to stay ahead of the competition and adapt your business accordingly.
- One way to do this is to join a professional organization that can provide you with access to resources, education, and networking opportunities.
- Another way to stay informed about new trends is to read industry-related news articles, reviews, professional publications, and to follow influential business owners.
- Think outside of the box and find potential areas where your business can thrive, or experiment with some new marketing strategies, for example service bundles, coupons, or referrals.
How can I purchase a cost-effective cleaning franchise when living in Salt Lake City?
Although it’s impossible to forecast the future with certainty, it’s important to have support in your business endeavors. Whether you’re a newbie or a veteran in the field of commercial or residential upkeep, MaidThis Franchise offers everything you need to launch your enterprise.
Our international team can help you prepare, educate yourself, market your venture, and reach prospective customers. There are many benefits to joining our brand, from running all operations from your home office, lower overhead expenses, greater visibility, extra time that you can spend with your loved ones in Salt Lake City and the vicinity, and no commute.
You can easily apply and become a part of our franchise online, after we evaluate everything. Of course, we’re always there for your questions and looking forward to your application!